View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
KeyofC

LostLilly,
I would feel resentful too. I can completely relate to this. It should be you telling people you have this problem. It should be you when you feel like you can handle letting people know the truth. Once it's out the accountability steps in. If you fail, fail on your own terms. I don't know the full situation you have there. I did tell my husband to NOT tell people. I told him I would tell people as I feel like it. I felt like I needed to deal with this a little on my own and become a little more clearer all around before I allowed everyone to know what I am struggling with because regular drinkers won't understand what your problem is and I feel like they will judge me unfairly. They still may. Of course my husband knows, my children, my Mom (cause she was in Al-Anon for a hundred years) my ex-sister in-law, and my brother in law, my mother in law. The circle is growing a little at a time, but on my time. I feel like God is giving me only what I can handle at the time by doing it this way. This "alcoholism" is full of boundaries I feel. They will fade with time I think, but today, this is how it is for me.