View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
LostLilly

Thank you very much for all the replies. I still feel terrible but did not drink. Ate about 2 pounds of ice cream, a chocolate bar, cried, and in spite of efforts to shut my brain off, couldn't sleep. I feel like a weak, wreck now which does not work well in early sobriety. Hope for the future, self-forgiveness, those emotions and others are what makes me strong. Will have to have words with my son. I am a social person but very private when it comes to my feelings and struggles. Also I feel so lonely. I need to start attending social activities again. Being in the early stage, however, often people are all drinking and happy or not drinking because I'm there and not having a drink. All I want to do in both situations is leave. Now I have the stress of this huge argument with my husband on top and between it all I am going to explode. He has been very public to family and friends about my struggles and I resent him for it so much. Looking at a list of AA meetings right now. I hope everyone keeps strong on this journey and has a great day!! Thanks again for your support! I don't personally know any of you people but I know you all get it and it helps to be able to share and get your feedback a great deal!
Lilly