View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi Undies

I went to my home group meeting tonight. It was inspiring to hear people with long term sobriety discuss how they take stock of whether they're living right.

BoozeFree - Try not to give your number of days sober too much weight. Learn from your relapse, and keep moving forward. I can only speak from my experience, but when I'm down, the best thing for me is to get out and do something, preferably around other people - whether it's a trip to the library, shopping, taking a walk, going to an AA meeting, calling a friend, etc.

Casey - I think you made a great decision to stay away from the bartender job. Great job putting your sobriety first.

Dharma - Great doggie pic!

Keyofc - Welcome and congrats on 21 days sober! I look forward to hearing from you.

Fradley - I'm not as smart as I used to think I was, either. Haha. Humility and honesty have played a large role in living my life differently.

Mets - I'm glad you had a wonderful sober vacation. I find that accomplishing things sober that I'd only ever done while drinking creates positive momentum and confidence that I can do the next thing sober.

BBB - I remembered a lot of long forgotten dreams when I got sober. Recovery also created space for new ones. This is a great opportunity to grow.

In taking stock of how I handled a snafu at work, I think I got caught up in justifiable anger, in making sure I was being treated fairly, and being angry that I wasn't, rather than try to understand the other party. Trying to understand rather than worry about whether I'm understood is a new concept for me. I'm learning how to live right in recovery.