View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zjw

years ago while out of work I took a job at a gas station to try and make some money and honestly if i could provide for my family doing that for a living I totally would its one thing i've done that i enjoyed doing.

Anyhow one day I met a homeless guy. he had a great attitude very positive. came up to me and told me about his bike and his daughter and how he couldnt afford child support at the moment. and how so many people would say that he had hit rock bottom. He said this aint bottom with a smile. He said this aint nothing. i'll get through this and i could go through far worse this is nothing.

he was happy positive and in a great mood. It taught me that no matter how crappy your circumstances may be how you view them can really change everything. Sometimes its just a perpective we lack.

At the same time. I dunno that its good to happily drink your way into the abyss saying "i havent hit bottom yet!" but no matter how crummy things can be it aint anothing anyone can rise up from what they may consider the bottom. This guy taught me that lesson. I'll never forget that day and I never saw the guy again. and being down in the dumps my self at the time 2 kids and out of work it really lifted my spirits and made me realize my life aint so bad.

If only I can remember this all the time!.