View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
luvbugnat

Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
I know I'm generalizing here, but more often than not it's the ones who are highly charming and give you that 'swept off your feet' feeling that will give you problems down the road.
I've heard it said that alcoholics are excellent manipulators and it's the cold hard truth. My dad is very charismatic, people always want to be around here and he's always cutting up. My ex has a very similar personality, my dad is an alcoholic. He's been sober 5 years now, but I know the similarities is one of the reasons I was drawn to my ex. Maybe it's part of why I have a hard time giving up hope. Anywho, I had a tough talk with my ex and told him now is his time and I won't be involved.

Despite my best judgement, I did go out with him last night and had the best time with him I've had in over two years (alcohol free). I know it wasn't the right thing to do, but beating myself up over it won't change anything. We didn't have sex, I at least kept that boundary. I'm backing away from both men and going to carry on with fixing myself. Que sera, sera.