View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Cbf123

Another small victory for me this evening. A friend of my called around unexpectedly, my best friend actually, and one of my big drinking buddies. He'd had a couple and had just stopped by to say hello and see my 3 month old on his way past. So we got to talking and after about ten minutes he asked me to nip out just for a few quick pints. I explained my current resolve to get sober, and because he'd had a couple, he tried to cajole me (not in a malicious way really) into going. I stood my ground and just said no. My wife was with me as well, and I felt a sense of pride at having stuck to my guns and kept myself on the straight and narrow after yesterday's close call.

I'll always love the guy and have time for him (we've been friends for nearly 20 years), but I'm the only one of my friends settled down with a family, and I'm really not prepared to slip back into bad habits just to keep someone else happy. I know that he understood, and he didn't labour the point once I'd given it a firm 'no'.

Hope everybody is having a great and sober Sunday.