View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SoberLife90

Step 1 has 3 parts. 1. Honest 2. Surrender 3. Acceptance.

Firstly you need to get honest and look bavk at your drinking career. I had to surrender to the fact that everytime i drank not only did i not drink like regular people, but alcohol and drugs were making my life unmanageable for a long time. Lastly I needed to accept that I was an alcoholic. Us alcoholics are different than other drinkers. I had to smash the idea that I could drink like the average (normal) person.

So now that you've built a solid foundation what can ya do about it? Like yourself when i first got sober I kept looking at stories of how people relapsed after long periods of sobriety. They relapse because they stopped or weren't working a good program.

Im an AAer myself...we do things "one day at a time". So today I am just going to stay sober for today...I'll worry about staying sober tomorrow...tomorrow. much easier to stay sober for a lifetime doing it one day at a time.

Do you have a support group? Do you go to AA? Thats great that you are on SR but this supplements my main recovery plan. I am willing to go to any pengths to stay sober...my life depends on it...if your an alcoholic so does yours!

Good luck!