View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
LBrain

I am also not a fan of statins. I am on day seven of oatmeal for breakfast every day. I put honey on it and add fruit.
I worked with a guy who went on a paleo diet to lose weight. After a couple years he checked out from complications of the diet. He was barely in his fifties. It messed with his digestive tract... anyway...

Everything in moderation. Cut out the carbohydrates for sure and start exercise.
Look at the Mediterranean diet sans wine. That's a good place to start.

Or as another doctor promotes for the diet, "Make salad the main dish."

Seriously, getting exercise and a small dietary change with do wonders for the body. My cholesterol was 206 last check and doctor wasn't worried a bit.

Your doctor is your doctor and he prescribed something for for a reason. I would get a second opinion on taking those. At least read all you can about them and understand exactly what they do. Side effects etc.
I'm not a doctor or scientist but I have done a lot of research this past month on heart health, cholesterol and all that jazz. Unless I was in the extreme category of high cholesterol, you couldn't pay me to take statins.
Unless of course I already had a heart attack and confirmed artery disease - then maybe...