View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Vet69

Physical results back. Results are good except cholesterol a little high. Liver panel was fine if you can believe that. He put me on the lowest dose of a statin drug called Lipitor. My boss who is only 52 and a distance runner doesn't believe in statins and sent me a lot of articles about how statins are bad. He's on something called the Paleo diet.you only eat meat including fish and chicken, preferably grass fed or free range. No legumes (beans, peanuts) but lots of other nuts like cashews, almonds and pecans. The Paleo diet calls for no alchohol nut he drinks, but not to excess. Organic food is preferred.
He sent me an Excel chart with numbers. The school of thought he follows says that it's not the big number that counts but the ratio between triglycerides and HDL cholesterol or something like that. His formula has me okay but not excellent.

Still dealing with the plantar faciatis. Two more cortisone injections yesterday. The orthodotics he gave me are really helping. I probably deal with that the rest of my life.

Onward!