View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
BobBFree33

Congrats BBB and cbf on fighting the urge. Pouring it out once bought had to be tough cbf. Good for you!

Finishing up a quiet, sober day 36. I'm sore from pulling English ivy for hours today. No urges or AV today. I'm about halfway through the book "Drinking, A love story". Sorry to learn the author died of lung cancer in 2002. She was the same age as me and many of the reference in the book match my time period. I'm only half way through but I am a bit taken aback by how much she romanticizes alcohol and ascribes all sorts of special powers to it. She's a good writer and I think she uses a bit of literary license in expressing her love affair with alcohol. This is in direct conflict with Alan Carr's summation that it is just this type of romanticized glamorization that is the root of the problem with alcohol. But...I'm only half-way through and this is just my amateur opinion so no offence meant to those who love the book.

Ok, getting tired now, 11pm on the east coast of the US. So good night and good morning folks!