View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
OMD

Thanks guys. And congratulations Angie!! Truly awesome! Take a moment to reflect on this.

I think Amp and IC are right about things that I am going to summarise as resolve, focus and understanding. I am going to remind myself of my Truths more regularly. I also stopped meditating which I did for just 10 mins each day which really focused my mind for the first couple of months..

My feelings now about drinking are different from how I felt after a couple of months when I felt I could maybe just tip back in because I felt great and so wouldn't it be easy to control etc. Now it is like BAM! Have a drink. Not so much urge surfing more like getting your head down while the tidal wave flattens everything around, and then 15 mins later the sun comes out again.

I am so grateful to be sober I cannot tell you. Saw a buddy the other day who told me I looked great. I told him I quit drinking and he said he wanted to as well, so we talked about that for a bit.

Anyway, I have my kids tomorrow. Will be running round after them all weekend and I want to be clear headed for that. I actually just want to be clear headed and don't want to lose any more time than I already have. I am looking forward to waking up tomorrow feeling great. This morning I woke up very early, more like the middle of the night, but I felt refreshed so I brought myself a coffee to bed and enjoyed a read before going for an early swim. Well I say swim, more like a paddle up and down but I am learning and determined. It is a symbol of my sobriety.

Maybe I am subconsciously wondering about the next couple of weeks but for now I am just grateful to be sober. Tomorrow I am not going to drink. Among other things, tomorrow I am 5 months sober

Best wishes
OMD