View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Starting day 90 here. Only three more days until I've officially been sober three months.

Yesterday was good. I didn't quite stick to my plan to not leave the house at all. I went and bought some lunch. And then later on I took my laundry over to my dad's because my landlord was here fixing something in my apartment. I always feel weird hanging around the house when he's working on it. But besides those two excursions it was most definitely a home-based day. Did a top to bottom (no pun intended) scrubbing in my bathroom and got a whole lot of reading done including finishing one book and also almost caught up on my television show queue--I watched episodes of Halt and Catch Fire, Masters of Sex, True Detective, Mr. Robot, Deutschland 83, and BoJack Horseman. Cooked some delicious chicken strips with a homemade not-exactly-but-kinda-buffalo sauce. The secret is brown sugar in the sauce. Gives the spice a different slightly sweet kick.

Plan for today is mostly more of the same. I am definitely going to an AA meeting at 8 pm tonight and just might go to one at noon today as well. Though I just opened my front door and it's already brutally hot out there at 10:20 in the morning. Plus it rained hard very recently so it's also humid. So now I'm talking myself out of that noon meeting...haha...

AGAG -- Sorry you decided to drink but glad you have quickly decided that clear-headed sobriety and recovery is the better way. Hope you'll make regular check-ins here a part of your recovery plan again. Wishing you the best today...

D122y -- Building accountability to myself and others by posting on these forums regularly has been my main tool in fighting that same complacency. As long as you keep doing today what you did yesterday to stay sober, all will be good.

And while, yes, booze is a big part of the Las Vegas scene, it's also a big part of the scene almost everywhere in the US and most parts of the world. As you pointed out yesterday in your observations at the baseball game, there are also a great majority of people who don't center their life around booze. We as alcoholics just tend to notice and obsess more on the drinkers and their drinking.

I'm so glad you've joined our class. I always get something out of your posts.

site -- enjoy your meetings!

I'm with you--the further I get from my last hangover, the more I can't believe just how stupid I was to live life crippled like that day after day after day for so many years.

AllieK -- enjoy your staycation and stick close to these forums! Glad to see you helping others on the August thread.

Wishing everyone a happy and sober Wednesday!