View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
AGAGONNHOJ

Hey again everyone.

Well, the long weekend was great - I did many, many things- started with a rafting trip down the Pai river, and after that, when I got back to the mountain Circus School hostel I was staying at, there was a quiz involving games - and I *DID* drink, and felt ****** the day afterwards, though I still went trekking in Mae La Na, and also went back to visit the monastery, to pay respect to the Abbot, and make a donation for Khao Pan Sa (beginning of Vassa; so-called "Buddhist Lent").

Definitely wished I hadn't afterwards, and kind of kicked myself a bit for thinking I was 'cured', that the moderation thing was going to be easy now I was past the 90 day mark - it may well be, like some people have said before, that there is no 'reset switch', and moderation isn't a viable alternative after all.

Whatever the case, I'm definitely not going to pursue moderation now - though I'm not beating myself up too much for the slip up over the weekend - the fact that I did a full 90 days sober gives me confidence I can do it again - and seeing the instant difference between clear-headedness etc from all that time sober, versus the aftermath of the party, I'm taking as a learning experience.

So here's to another 90 days, which I now know I can definitely do - which is the period of Vassa anyway, which I was planning on doing in any case- and then, to be honest, that's probably me done forever.

Seeing more clearly the fact that I can. For Vassa, I'm also giving up coffee and cakes - mid-way through the week, Thursday in a few hours, and I've only had a bottle of iced tea every morning!

Big love to all xx