View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
AllieKat

Originally Posted by SHG13 View Post
Day 2! I made it they last night. It sucked because I was hung over and exhausted all day, but it was good because my temptation to drink was low. I was just so exhausted. I think I am majorly sleep deprived right now. I think I need about 5 nights of decent sleep before I feel semi-normal again. I'm a bit concerned because this weekend I have several events that are potential triggers. It's a wedding weekend, and I have to go. Of course my AV thinks I should consider quitting drinking AFTER this weekend, but here's my thinking: there will ALWAYS be some event or occasion that will be a potential "drinking occasion." If you wait to stop drinking until you run out of those, you will never stop drinking. Second, I'm TIRED. I don't want to do this anymore. I just hope I feel the same way when the weekend comes.
You are right about there always an event coming up. I have been playing this game with myself for weeks... It doesn't work. If sobriety is the ultimate goal then we need to learn to participate in events sober right?