View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Finishing up day 89. Another nice day here. I left the house at about eleven this morning planning on just running to the post office and grocery store, but it was absolutely beautiful outside--around 80 degrees with a bunch of clouds in the sky so I decided I might as well take advantage of the slightly cooler weather and bicycle to an AA meeting across town at noon. So glad I did. Topic was just kind of a general "what to do in very early sobriety" kind of thing. Heard a lot of people talking that hit home with me.

On the way home, I stopped at my favorite Thai place and had lunch. They've been closed for the last month for vacation so I was really craving it.

Came home after that and took a very hard nap, before I got up and read for a little bit and then got ready for work. Work started out very slow but it actually ended up being a very good night. We were empty and then all of a sudden at 6:30 we were full. Made good money and everything ran smooth. I've already made enough money in the last three days to pay next month's rent so I'm going to go ahead and do that tomorrow. That means I should be able to put a whole lot of money in the car fund this month.

Going to watch last night's True Detective after I visit the rest of the boards here for a while. Hope everyone has had a nice day in recovery.

Rufftime -- congrats on day 66! Glad the medication is starting to help with the anxiety. Exercising to help yourself sleep better sounds like a win-win solution.