View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Really starting day 88 now. It's raining here right now. That doesn't happen often here in the summer in West Texas. Or in the fall or spring or winter, for that matter.

Work this evening. I'll probably spend most of the day lazing around the house catching up on some television. My neighbor's crying baby woke me up this morning. Glad I'm not dealing with that hungover.

ClosetCinephile -- Yeah, our perspective as alcoholics on how many other people drink can be vastly skewed. I work in a restaurant/bar so get to see on a daily basis that the vast majority of people simply don't have to have a drink before or during or after their meal. And that the vast majority of people who do order a drink only have the one and lots of times don't even finish it.

AllieK -- You're not a big baby. Unfamiliar situations with lots of new people frighten me too. I don't know if you've ever read this thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...a-meeting.html

Heck, I might have even pointed it out before, my apologies if so. But I think it's a great read. One of my go-to threads here on SR.

Surrender2win -- That's awesome you're able to stay sober under such circumstances. You're doing great!

Dharma -- congrats on 81 days!

Wishing everyone a safe and sober start to the new week! Talk to you later.