View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Liveitwell

One more vent (God this feels good)....after most blowups where I would say something like "hey, husband, maybe you could actually come home when you say you're going to be home-you promised your daughter you'd read to her", " hey, maybe being drunk everyday in the house isn't the best thing for your kids" and "hey, ......" All of these were met with him getting drunk (naturally) and telling me his mom never checked up on him and let him do whatever he wanted. Yep. After his dad died (when things really started getting creepy scary) his mom told me we should come love with her bc she could make sure he didn't drink...ha! How's that working out for ya? I invited her to alanon with me. She laughed. She told me that I needed mental help and that her boy needed to move home with her bc she could take care of him better than anyone else. Stated nobody was good enough for her boy and that she cried on our wedding day bc I took him away from her. God bless! Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus for getting us away. Truthfully, we all have issues and I did love my ex-I thought he would grow up though and actually address his issues. Obviously that was not the case. In fact, it got worse. Anyway, sorry for venting so much-my therapist told me years ago that mommas boys with severe emotional issues and substance abuse rarely change bc they don't care to work on themselves and address the root of their instability. Truth. His last message to me was "I just wanted to be yours"....well, buddy, you can't be mine bc you're still attached to the boob and refuse to address anything about yourself and your dysfunctional family. Not my problem. Enough for a while-I got it all out. I feel better. Being kind to myself and forgiving myself for being blind for so long.