View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
wehav2day

Ugh duff, I heard about the boys. I see your point, I was allowed to go to the beach with other kids when quite young myself. I don't know about the motor boat thing, can't drive a car until 16 and the sea definitely has it's own "rules of the road," but I certainly don't have enough I formation to base a proper opinion. And I sure as heck don't think it's appropriate to judge a family who just lost a child.

Ok I have to change the subject or I'll cry...

I'll share my awful drink karma yesterday. So Thursday/Friday was my summer camp campout. Afterwards, I traditionally take my staff out for brunch, run a few errands and head for a campground for a few days. After 8 weeks of camps, I need to go somewhere and not "be responsible" lol.

So I normally drink water or fizzy water, but I treated myself to a pack of those little coke zeros. I was driving with them in my passenger seat, and one exploded! Like full on all over me and the inside of my car. I had to pull over and wipe my glasses and windshield down. Ok, that was wierd, moved on.

At the campground, I used the"bathroom." As I got in, I noticed someone had left some my Donald's drink up on the hand sanitizer, right above me. Whatever. Well the thing somehow fell. And it was someone's margarita. Margaritas falling from the sky!! Two seconds later some lady says, "ummm, I think I left my drink in there..." I said yep, it just fell on me.

That was disgusting.

The freaky part is it smelledgoodto me for a minute there. Thank goodness for recovery, I didn't obsess more than a minute. Didn't even occur to me then that I was by myself and totally could have driven to the store and bought booze and"gotten away with it." I realized that like an hour later, while eating dinner. Just laughed and shook my head.

Yep, thank goodness for recovery!