View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Duffster

(((Marcher))) Of course you feel off -- look at the week you've had! A car accident, your husband's heart! Allow yourself to feel your emotions, a luxury we didn't have when drinking. And be kind to yourself at the same time -- do something just for Marcher. And I just don't care for customers/clients on my best days!

I think we've all had posts we felt haven't received the proper attention or response. It stings but you are so insightful I have no doubt you touched someone.

The Coast Guard called off their search last night. It's beyond heartbreaking. I know other horrible things are happening in the world, and actually a 58 year old paddle boarder went missing the same night!, but this is just heart wrenching. I guess when it's your own community, literally in your own back yard, and those boys could be any of our boys... I've given this so much thought - you just can't keep south florida boys out of the water. We've always planned to buy our boys a small whaler when they're the same age as those boys and my own little one is out on the sea wall fishing right now by himself. My in-laws freak out when they see him out there by himself but he knows how to swim to the dock if he falls in. When they're raised on the water you just can't keep them away from it. I just hope they remember what happened to these boys and make wiser decisions.

And, Gilmer, I am actually one of those helicopter moms! Lol - I know how you feel about them. But there are just times you have to let them live their lives.

Marcher, I hope you're spirits are better soon and to everyone have a wonderful weekend!