View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Sounds like you handled that situation well Mark. I'm sure in time they will get used to your decision and it won't be so uncomfortable. If not, then you have to put your sobriety first and protect yourself.

V I'm sorry you're sick, that's no good. Have some nice hot tea.

Phoebe that's very exciting. I'm sure the right dog will find you. Before we went looking for our cat, my husband very decisively announced to me that we were getting a small gray female with white paws. I looked at him like he was totally unreasonable and told him we'd get whatever sweet-tempered critter they had at the pound. We didn't check websites or anything, we just walked into the shelter, and wouldn't you know there was a little gray female with white paws meowing at us like "you're late, take me home."

How you doing today Arbor?

My mom's house is still okay, but the wind has changed directions, so now it's headed her way, but it's still a few miles out. It's 30 square miles so far and only 5% contained. It's going to get a lot bigger. There are some incredible pictures in the paper. I'll try to post some of them later.

Great news is that they were able to get her horse out. The old beast is over 30 and hadn't been in a trailer...well, possibly ever, so we weren't sure if she'd travel. But she got in just fine and now is safe at another ranch.

I hope everyone is having a good night/day/whatever.