View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

My suggestion is that you do that work on your resume and find something more suitable for you, but that you ALSO do your very best to get a handle on your current job. It's never a good thing to be "let go"--and knowing you won't have to deal with it forever can make the day-to-day right now more bearable.

Fact is, it's much easier to find a job while you're still employed. Fact ALSO is that these same overbearing, difficult people can still give you a good reference if they see you put in a good effort.

I had a terrible time with one of my bosses the last few years I was working at my previous job. I felt like she was constantly looking for things to criticize, and also somewhat to blame for a transfer that I was NOT happy about. Nevertheless, I felt I did good work, and I put her down as a reference when I applied for my current job. She gave me a GLOWING reference, and we actually are social friends today. Some people just are lousy supervisors.

So try not to burn any bridges, do your best, and keep looking for something more suitable. There are lots of "people" jobs out there.