View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Crappy week & stressed

I f'ed up at work this week and my boss wound up writing me up for my errors. This job was never really my thing to begin with and I knew I was going to be looking for something else soon, but this week was the kick in the pants I needed to try to find something more suitable for my personality. I am not a fact checker, accountant, detail person and this job requires serious attention to detail that I just don't have. I'm a people person and need to be in customer service or communicating with people during the day. Sitting at my desk with my head down for 8 hours a day is killing me right now and it's beginning to reflect in my job performance.

My XAH is alienating me from any decisions regarding our son's schooling this year and he is basically pushing my buttons to get me to spar with him and it's taking all my strength to NOT engage. I try to stay to the topics on hand and let the jabs go, but it's wearing on me emotionally.

My son is coming home tonight after being gone for over a week and I think I've definitely been missing him.

I'm stressed out thinking that I could lose my job over stupid fixable errors. My boss and I clash daily and I'm just about ready to lose my mind at this point. I will be working on my resume this weekend. My bf is going to help me update it again, adding in my current job position and hopefully I will find something more suitable. It's hard to justify this job right now: I'm driving 45 minutes one way for a 15$ an hour job that has a LOT of responsibility and a boss who is demanding and narcissistic and overbearing. I'm trying to learn that this is just part of corporate America, but there's also a part of me where I feel I have a target on my back because this guy just doesn't like me. Sigh....when is it Friday at 5PM???