View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
immri

I like hearing what you have to say too spirit, you too mystified

And I definitely agree with what you guys are saying, I think that's why I've never been able to stay sober long - I was still pretty unhappy with myself (even if was happy with my life, still hated me) so working on those things I dislike about myself really seems to be making a difference this time.
For example, I'm so unreliable. I thought it was the drinking but even sober I can be really flakey and promise or plan a whole bunch of things that I truly mean one day, then bail on it all when I don't feel like it (in my mind I always had a good reason to disappoint people eg too anxious that day, not feeling well, etc, but really anytime anything isn't exactly what I want when I want to do it, I decide it's too hard. What a yucky character flaw!) so I'm working on it by committing to just a few key things that I know I am able to do, and forcing myself to stick to them. I think I'm making progress haven't missed work or yoga yet! Sounds small but that's an achievement to me !

So good to hear from you guys, il try and post/read here more, we seem to have lost a few