View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
sthlondonab

Hey all

Hoping everyone is good.

It was my birthday yesterday so I was out and about for the day. Had some great food (all day!) and visited Hampton Court which was amazing. So I took a day off internet too. Lovely day.

What a contrast. On my birthday last year I drank all afternoon and then was sneaking drinks home and all my partners plans and surprises were ruined. A year ago this was the start of "rock bottom" week so I am reflecting hard coming up to one year.

Rah - the counsellor is a great idea. I have been seeing someone for 9 months. It's coming to an end soon but has helped immensely. I am just working out with my current therapist how I might continue in a private capacity. Building a plan was essential for me. You can do it. Dee has some very wise words on that first drink.

Yesterday I did a whole day with no cigarettes. I am using a vape stick whilst I work out nicotine reduction. Running is my motivation. I know I can go longer and faster if I can do this and now I feel ready. Thanks for the encouragement Ultra!

Have a great day all. It's hump day and on my way into work. Some crazy pressure this week but do you know what, all is OK when I keep on track and work my little plan :-)

Congrats on 11 Pink! That's superb. I hope you enjoyed the ice cream :-)