View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Damn!

Sharp Crowd, here! Went for the Quickie Pic Edit. Yah, that Pic is from ~8 years ago. I shoulda started a House Building Company and called it 'Hammered Construction'.

For a stuck Disposal, I use the top end of a Broom and jam it down in at an angle. On the Disposal bottom, it will 'catch' some of the hefty Steel Grinding 'Plates'. Push hard on the Broomstick to bust the tidbit of Bone, or whatever, that's stuck in the Disposal Sidewall. Once freed, the bottom will rotate again. Try this trick both Clockwise, and Counter-Clockwise, to free up a jammed Disposal. I was a Slumlord for ~20 years. Buy a new House. Keep and rent the prior House.

Disposals all have lil Pushbutton Circuit Breakers in the bottom Plate. Push up to reset, if req'd. Typically, 3 Screws push the Disposal down and away from the Sink Waste Trap Fitting. Loosen all connections, and unscrew these Screws. Rotate the Disposal sideways and down to drop it. Some don't even require this rotation move. They heavy MoFos. Redoing the Sink Waste Fitting is all on YouTube, I'm sure. Stuff it closed with a Towel temporarily to buy yourself time, and figger out the new Fittings req'd. With all the old Guano dropped, and out of the way, it's easier to envision what you need.

Yah, Da Wife went out to the U.P. Marquette Michigan Bars with a Quarter. Drank all night for free.