View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Bim ~

Bring the proverbial Mountain to Mohammed. Have your Plumber do most all the Job on a Workbench, or some Sawhorses, ahead of time. Faucet in and tightened. Water Line Flex Tubes already put on and tight. Waste Plumbing also done on the upside-down, uninstalled Sink. A new Disposal, or not. They twist on to a specialized Fitting, and can be left off until the last second for reasons of weight. However, the 2 Sink Drains can be connected and 'teed' in advance to one Waste connection; as can a Disposal on one side. Plumbing connections are all standardized size/types, and have been for Decades.

Lift out all the old schitte. Drop in the new pre-Assembled Sink. Tighten on Cold/Hot Water Flex Lines. Lightly wrench the teed Waste line to the Fittings that stub out from the rear Wall. Always use Shut Off Valves, if not there now. This Process nets a minimum amount of Work Time in tight quarters while swearing. Modular Installation. With a Sink from, say, 'Habitat For Humanity', you could save a bundle if that's a priority. Doing most all the work while standing up is a dream.

This Faucet below swivels laterally with a push, or an Elbow. The end pulls out a few Feet on macho Metal Flex Tubing for rinsing. The Sink is uber-deep, as is a second, dual-sided one in another Counter. I ran the Waste Plumbing off the Sink Waste fitting immediately straight back to the rear Wall using a 90. I put the U Trap back parallel to the rear Cabinet Wall before connecting to the Waste Line proper. Think about it. There's no reason the U Trap has to be right under the Sink Waste Fitting. This means there's all free, unencumbered space under all the Sinks. This allows for pull-out Baskets, or Storage.

I teed off a Dishwasher-type Rinse Head through hidden Flex Tubing, and popped it up flush by the Cooktop. You pull it up. Push the 'Trigger'. Fill a Pot with Water, or the Coffee Maker adjacent. I didn't want all that macho crap Chrome Plumbing above this gorgeous Granite. All that Chrome Plumbing stuff in 'Pro' Kitchens on HGTV reminds me of a Hospital Kitchen Sink. Too Industrial for moi...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Faucet Flow_1_edit.jpg (91.5 KB, 24 views)