View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
MesaMan

A Yin & Yang Post, here...

This Vid bit of Golden Retrievers absolutely just made my day. From a Gal Pal in Scotland... Several Pooches are perfect look-alikes to our Pooch. He carries around my Slip-Ons, and Pillows, with that same wagging Tail as if he owns the World. Not a care...

- Goldies Help With Groceries -

I read about Graham Chapman at length about the time I was sobering up. A real up/down tale of Alcohol. I've got a tie-in to one Python, but have to leave it at that for reasons of discretion.

A few fellow Pythons saw him plop a Liter of Vodka on top of his Clothes while packing a Case before boarding a Train up to a Scottish Castle for Filming. While looking for the Script in his Case, they noted mid-day, with alarm, that the Bottle was half-empty. They confronted Graham, and made him go Cold Turkey during Filming. You can see him shaking in some Scenes around a Rope Bridge where he's in a very bad way. He remained Sober after that. The Pub above is directly referenced in this Account; this is what made me think of this Alcohol Story.

This ~10 minute read is engrossing to me; having also quit Cold Turkey 'just because'. I couldn't afford to have Rehab on my 'Record' because it's the first question asked on a Concealed Carry Permit. I needed protection against my crazy, Drunk, p/t Neighbor w/5 DUIs more than I needed to drink. That situation has sort of faded to become a non-issue. He's back in Jail now, and rarely around.

- Graham Chapman Film & Interview ~ The Daily Mail.co.uk -