View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
KaleGrrl

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
That's so weird that you said that about playing the piano cause I have always had a desire to learn to play something and just never put in the effort and time to actually make it happen. Just the other day, I took the keyboard out of the corner and cleaned it up and got it all nice and shiny and found the instruction book to familiarize myself with its features again. I am going to teach myself to play.

I have an acoustic guitar too and have all the things I need to learn to play it but these 53 year old hands find it pretty difficult. But if I could choose either or, I'd much prefer to learn the guitar. No reason I have to choose, though! I can learn them both.

Now all I have to do is follow through. That is my challenge in life. In everything, it seems.
Ahh, I used to have a guitar, too, but gave it away years ago. If you have an iPad or smart phone, there's an app called Magic Piano that's fun. It's interactive in playing all sorts of music in an immediate way, little skill involved.
As far as your previous post, I would just do what you think (not post on his thread, no PM responses; let him figure out his recovery for himself). It might not be good for him to know that you are moderating since in a rather vulnerable position of sobriety. Though he might already know that if he's tracking your posts.
To be really honest here, and not wanting to hurt your feelings: If you are successful in moderating, there will be people in SR who will wonder why you continue to post in SR. You could get support for that in HAMS. If you aren't sure about moderating, it's fine to post and see how things go, but know that it might be difficult for others who see your charming posts (I mean that they are charming sincerely) and are trying to not drink at all, or it might make others really annoyed. I know we're all grownups here, but I've been one to slink away when trying to moderate or have relapsed so that I don't hurt anyone at SR. I think we have to be sensitive and careful regarding others where it might be serious, like life or death serious.
If I'm off base on this, I'm totally willing to see otherwise and be corrected.