View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Been a couple of days since I posted in here so I best check in. Starting day 82. Nothing exciting been happening the last couple of days--just normal around the house stuff and then work in the evenings. All is good.

I certainly understand not counting days and how it can add unnecessary pressure. I know a lot of people here at SR feel the same way. But I'm doing a public count this time, at least for now, because it is helping me build accountability to myself and to everyone here on SR. Every time I post a day count, I'm telling you and myself that I have definitely not drank since my last post. I spent a whole lot of time here in the last two years lurking on the edges, getting no more than a week or so of sobriety under my belt but not admitting to anyone that I was having problems. I'm sure I'll stop the day count at some point but for now it's just another little tool in my personal recovery tool belt. Like I said, just a personal choice and I certainly understand the opposite preference.