View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
kittycat3

Way to go frank. fABL and turtle, and others struggling, keep up here with us. You can do this.

Day 6 today. I'm feeling cautious but am still committed to sobriety. After I ordered a water at a restaurant last night, a friend of mine said "they have Bells...." (My old favorite.) I said, no thanks I'm good, and the moment passed. I wasn't really tempted, but it was a bit of a tough moment knowing how this person isn't used to me abstaining. I got through that test fine, but I can't help but worry in the future that there will be more trying tests. Gotta keep remembering it is one day, one moment at a time!

I started marking sober days on a calendar. This has helped me in the past to visualize the string of sober days so that I can see them all lined up. I recommend this for anyone struggling to get past a few days, just looking at your progress on the wall is helpful to see when you think one more day/night of drinking is not a big deal.

Going into the office today for the first time since my biz trip and a couple days vacation. Feeling a bit reticent about seeing the 2 coworkers I traveled with last week. I asked them both to keep mum about my drunken night, but not sure I can trust them to or not. So I am preparing to hear some good natured teasing and if I do, I'll shrug it off and focus on the future. It's not going to bring me down. And with more time my drunken antics will be a distant memory..... Keep fighting everyone, it's worth it. I feel 1000 times better than last Tuesday morning and I know it will keep getting better.