View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Ginamarie323

Thanks, Casey. I'll snap out of it. I think much of it has to do with being car-less still, but the good news is I think next weekend I'll be able to get something...maybe.

Also got some bad news Saturday from a friend that's in special forces in middle east. I've somehow become sort of his confidante. Anyhow, he was in supervisory role leading team to fight over there and some locals were helping them. Apparently said team was too slow or something and came to find a gruesome scene complete with video of atrocities. (I'm being purposely vague here)

It was so traumatic that he and several others just resigned, and now has to go home and face some kind of hearing. Stupidly I kept asking for details of what happened, and I got them, so now I have that loop in my head.

I'm just really disappointed in humanity right now, not to mention the fact that we've got a whole new generation of young men that are eff'ed up for the rest of their lives.

So trying to not think about it this weekend I watched mindless TV. Better than drinking but I almost caved a few times. Reading the posts here is helping.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. Other than that, I'm great