View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Mark1014

Wow phoebe, I need some giving family with a spread like that. Glad you're having fun!

Ribs were good, gonna try them with a dry rub next time.

Arbor, I remember something you posted a week or so ago about not being able to really get away for several years. Kids do change the equation no doubt. Once our kids got closer to a year, maybe 10 months or so, we would get my mom and/or mother- in-law to keep them once or twice a year while my wife and I traveled. Generally not more than 4 or 5 days. My mom enjoyed it (or I wouldn't ask) and it gave us some couple time away from home. Anyway, people have different thoughts on things like that, but it was really good for us and having a break helped us get a much needed recharging of the batteries. One of those trips likely resulted in our surprise third child!

Well gang, I go to bed much less burdened this evening. My son has decided to defer his move and is considering enrolling in a local community college for a few classes. I'm pretty sure he's serious about this, I think he's out looking around at apartments right now. I'm sooooo happy tonight!!!

Hope the weekend is wrapping up well for the gang and that your Monday is off to a good start V.