View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Great looking cake, Conquest!

Extra Sauce, lol, Briar!

Ribs sound divine as does meatballs and sauce.

I think we have similar weather here, Arbor. Not so far from CT by ferry. Humid and some rain this am, but we played mini golf this afternoon. Went to the beach early evening and kids swam, then came home and made dinner. Got some fresh locally grown beets and 3 colors of summer squash at a CSA with a farm stand. Supplemented by steak, green beans and potatoes from the local grocery store. It is a small town vibe here. Nice, but kids find it a bit boring. I like it! Not a traffic light on the island. We took a drive and saw some amazing properties. I cannot imagine that sort of life! There are yachts and huge sail boats in the sea just yards beyond the beach. Even though we are staying free, things are very expensive here. But, glad to see it and I think my cousin is so happy to show off this side of his life. He and his wife are very nice, giving people.

Briar, you sound so much better. I am glad to read that.

Looking forward to being settled back home after quite a bit of traveling this spring and summer. This is not typical for us. It is fun, but I am also a homebody.