View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
GnikNus

Will be able to continue on the West Coast! All issues seems to have been resolved, I hope. Ah. Weight off my shoulders. I do love it out here and dread the thought of having to relocate.

Had my first sober jam session with musicians I'd never played with last night. It was great to be sober and clear. I didn't miss beer for a second, though others were partaking. Since my wife and kids are visiting back east I stayed up playing really late. Even came home after midnight and watched netflix for a couple of hours. When I woke up today I almost felt like I should be hungover (since I associate late nights with drinking). So nice to wake up without that.

Now I see what's meant by sober muscles. I spent the first 7 months laying low and avoiding old situations and people. Now I'm making a slow return to being in situations where alcohol is present and it's becoming less and less of a big deal. It's so strange. I used to be the one in the room who drank more than anyone else. Now I am the one who drinks the least.