View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Some people may agree with your planned sobriety date, and some won't. It's all up to you and what works for you. I was a binge drinker too, and I tried so many times to quit. But until something clicked in my mind, that I just did not want to continue beating myself up every time I drank. That self defeating angry me just decided to stop one day. It wasn't planned, it just happened. Over the next month, take a good look at yourself and try to find a solid Why. You need to quit, you already know that. It will happen for you, you are in the self discovery mode. When you are out camping, and if you can try to stay sober and see for yourself what it's like. Just watch what others are doing. Most likely, most people are just enjoying one or two drinks and going to bed sober, you'd be surprised! and the odd person (I was that one) continues to drink until they are drunk. Only alcoholics or problem drinkers make every situation a chance to drink and get drunk. That was an eye opener for me these last 3 months.