View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Welcome Charlie, Silly, Upward Spiral, Sourgrapes and KD...so glad you are here with us

Have a safe drive back Bob, you should feel very proud of yourself making it through vacation sober. Sounds like you had some really good insights too.

Letitgo, I often think the same..no matter what is happening, If I can wake up sober and without that awful physical feeling as well as the mental self-hatred and disappointment in myself, then I can get through it. As a parent, even though I think I "hide" my drinking from my kids (teenagers), I am sure that's not true. The more sober time, I have the more differences I see in how I relate to them and how the respond to me. I think my telling myself that they don't know is part of my own self-protection and denial that it's a bigger problem than I'd like to admit.

Anyway, I slept like a rock last night..almost 9 hours again. Nothing beats waking up sober. I sound like a broken record, but with every sober morning, I tell myself I NEVER want to wake up any other way, ever again. I have gotten to a point where alcohol pervades every facet of my life - mind, body, relationships, work, how I care for my home, my finances, my confidence in myself. To allow myself to believe anything less is just believing my addiction.

Have a great sober Sunday No matter what you have going on today, rememer what feels good, what feels right, and dont' take that first drink...