Thread: I heart SMART!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Thumbs up I heart SMART!

It's been a while for me just using SR as the primary tool to keep me steady in my sobriety. But I feel like I need a good kick in the arse. It's time to put some serious work into letting go of some big self belief fallacies I have clung to so safely all these years.

I started SMART meetings and love the positive approach. The tools, such as the ABC's are even something I can work through with my therapist I see weekly. Real honest to goodness methods to resolving that negative self talk. That secondary voice droning on and on in the background.

Now really working at these things means I have to drudge stuff up and bit. So as to not throw myself off balance I figure I will up my game and try and make new connections at these meetings.

I go Monday's and Fridays. Friday's meeting is 90 minutes and the time flies.

Guess I just wanted to post and see how many others attend SMART meetings?

It's safe to draw comparisons in this section. So I do want to say what a world of difference between this format and the other meeting format of that other group. Such positivity. Such constructive help. Such practical support.

The things I am working on are the fuel to my addictions. And how cool it is to focus on the source of the problem.

I love SMART!!!