View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
whiteturtle

Hi everyone. I am glad you are all doing so well. I agree with others who are wondering how sansa and DD and bebrave and antsy and all the others we have come to know are doing! If anyone who hasn't posted in awhile is reading this, we would love to just hear from you, that you're okay, and know you are still around even if things are tough or back to Day 1, or even at Day 0 right now. Our Class is a family, and you are all missed.

It is the end of my second Day 1. Feels strange to be starting over. I just hope I can be strong. Today wasn't too bad. I thought I would be more tempted to just drink since I screwed up yesterday, but I didn't really crave anything. Around midday, my boyfriend was hogging the TV for a Forza race online for a few hours, and it sounded really good to take my laptop to a local bar and sip wine while I write. I am sad that writing in my book is such a trigger for me...I have done a little bit of writing in my sober time, and have has a lot of good ideas, but I am still getting used to the idea of being happy with what I write and not thinking I need mind-altering alcohol to write well. Sigh.

Today I slept a lot (we got home from the amusement park around 2am and were very tired), drank some tea this morning, read my book, had some Pepsi and pizza and watched a couple episodes of 30 Rock from the beginning (my boyfriend has never seen more than an episode or two!), and am now getting ready to lay in bed with my book and tea.

Thank you again to everyone here. We have a wonderful group, and I am excited for us all to go into the month of August together and keep fighting for our sobriety.