View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Thanks guys! It is what it is. I can deal with loss of parents. Mine are all gone. I'm the oldest living member of my family save one Aunt in Boca Raton. No one gets out of here alive. Unfortunately she is in a lot of pain. The doc has her on hospice meds and the nurses start on Monday. So she will be made as comfortable as possible through to the end. Situations like this are when we need all our feelings and wits about us. My wife is my number one to support now as she supports them.

Nooo Wolf, we aren't taking him in. He has his own property and home, truck and cars. He won't leave his house until we have to put him in assisted living or memory care. As I'd be.

Mags,
If I want an RV to use here, I have to put in the full hookups for power, water, and sewage. That's all I've been doing, my way. I hire a laborer now, that I can trust, until this is done and I've had my surgeries that have been waiting until this house deal is done. Tomorrow in 103° degree temps I'll be riding my mowers as usual. I can't let the property go out of control. Remember I'm retired and take my time. I love landscaping and improving my property.

We've dealt with Alzheimer's with my FIL's mother, and my mother, so we already know what you mean. It is no picnic as many here have been through it too.

Toots,
Thanks. Yes we have contingency plans.

Pumpkinney thanks.

The dry and heat is already searing the edges of the lawn. But the deeper rooted grass, shrubs, and trees are fine.

Nite, or rather good morning!

I had to stay up for my son who missed his flight and got here at 3:30am. It's 4:30 now and I'm wide awake and need to go to bed and read, if not sleep.