Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
FrankLapidas

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
Okay. But since you really need to interact with us, you should get rid of Chrome and get IE or Firefox or something soon. We want to help you, dude. We really do.

I recall a while back when you were attempting sobriety, you said your hallway looked like a bowling alley with all the empty bottles cause you were embarrassed to take them all outside and to have them be seen. Did it get that bad again?

How far did you get in sobriety before you fell back into it and into old patterns?
Following up on my recent threat to actually answer some questions (and you have so many!)

Regarding Chrome OS not supporting Java chat, I dragged out my old Windows computer which I should be able to use to get into chat should I need some emergency support, which I'm sure I will someday.

Regarding "fall into my old patterns", I didn't, at least not exactly. Here's a quote from a post I made on May 3rd . . .

"Here's my serial binge drinking pattern for the last couple of years . . .

On the first day, a fifth+ of rum

On the second day I'd get up early, having crashed on the first day, and have more rum. Just a bit, I always told myself, enough to take the edge off and get squared away. Of course that "just a bit" turned into all day drinking, usually about a fifth and a half.

The third day, pretty much the same as the second day. Another fifth and a half.

The fourth day is where it gets interesting. After about another fifth my body just refused to take on more rum. Really couldn't even swallow it. So I'd decide, okay, I can't do this anymore. But . . . since I'm going to quit, why not go out in a burst of glory? So I would drink about two more fifths, one vodka and one Kahlua. White Russians. Pretty impressive, huh?

On the fifth day I'd be pretty much dead, but found some peace that I would quit drinking.

But . . . on the sixth day, rinse and repeat. Start the whole binge cycle over.
"

So , Cissy, my old pattern was drinking four out of five days. My pattern after leaving SR on May 4th was drinking "only" one day out of five. Technically an improvement I guess. But not a solution. And not how I want to live. And oddly, one day of drinking beat my body up just about as badly as four.