View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
petmagnet

I am newly divorced now, and not really ready to date, but I must say it's nice to hear that there are "nice-stable" guys left out there! LOL. It seems that most of the guys I know, most of whom are acquaintances of my XAH, are guys I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole now!!

There are things I am still in love with, with my XAH, but I Think its because I am still romancing the young man he used to be in my mind. When we were first married or with young babies. Our lives were so simple then before the obsession with bars, alcohol, and his successes took over. I'd known him since age 14, I'm now 46. Talk about a LONG romance. I really felt he was my soul mate. Still feel he was meant to be that, but alcohol has destroyed that gift. From the sounds of it, many of you seem to feel that way- especially when you describe your former loves so deeply like that.

I am honestly hoping for a stable, but affectionate guy to come along when the time is right. I don't want boring, but I sure as heck don't want hyper, overly social and arrogant either. Been there done that. I am actually looking forward to even keel, but wonder as well if I will ever love the way I did with my XAH, my first love.

It's nice to hear though, that you ladies have found some kind of love again, even if its a different kind of love. It's certainly scary for us just coming into it. I have no idea what to expect.