View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
Yeah, right? I'm nervous about the whole AA thing for reasons the others have shared here. Professionally, mostly. But the more I think of it the more I feel it's the best option. It's free, it's convenient, and the group face to face interaction is what I need.
I need to apologise for the dumb thing I said last week (this week?) about AA. I was in a bad mood. I was hurting over being thrown out like garbage by my best friend. So I was seeing negatives where there are none...

AA is wonderful. Really. You take what you want and leave the rest there. You will hear that quote a million times in the rooms.

You don't have to be spiritual or religious, you don't have to know that you are never going to drink again. All you need is an open mind.
You will find a group of people who have powerful stories and incredible experience in beating this thing. You will find friends who understand you. (Like we do). You will have face-to-face support, and possible even a sponsor you can call when the AV tells you ice cream is not going to cut it tonight...

I urge you to try it. Put away your reservations. It can be a wonderful addition to your support network.