Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
FrankLapidas

Many thanks again to all who have posted here. It was good to see old friends and meet new ones.

Way back in May Cissy made a cogent post making the case that maybe counting days is not necessarily good. Not sure I'll follow that advice (as most of you have figured out, I'm not great at taking advice) but it did get me thinking . . .

. . . this is Day 3. This thread has 375 posts, 8458 views. That's 94 posts and 2114 views per day of sobriety. At this rate it would take 2820 posts and 63,420 views to reach 30 days. Or if I'm ambitious 34,310 posts and 771,610 views to reach a year,

We've got our work cut out for us.

So I thought I'd start again with The Timeline Of Me. This is mostly for my benefit, but I know I haven't been very forthcoming on this thread so perhaps this will help others understand where I've been.

(Take a deep breath, Me)

* Many years of 'work hard, play hard'. Quite successful in all endeavors.
* Inpatient rehab several years ago
* Inpatient rehab early this year
*4/14/15 Joined SR, suicidal. Several days of hellish self-detox.
*4/14/15 - 5/4/15 Several relapses.
*5/4/15 Left SR in a hissy fit, started drinking again. Not as much, but drinking.
*7/21/15 Came back to SR.
*7/23/15 Venecia posts "Your posts are as drenched in pain as any I've seen". This had a profound effect on me, even though I haven't yet figured out what that effect is.

Well, that's it in a nutshell, sort of a table of contents of upcoming posts. I hope.