View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Originally Posted by sagittarius714 View Post
Hi !

Anyway, off to work in a few. I have found myself something to do - I am going to get back into music - listening to it, I am not musically talented - but I have been a couch potato in front of the tv for so long, and there's so much new stuff I want to explore, so I think I may do that for a while, see if any new bands hold my interest. Not pop, though. That's not my thing.
sagittarius -- I have also been getting back into listening to music over the last couple of weeks. I had to distance myself from my stereo for a while because drinking and music definitely went hand in hand for me. I loved nothing more than putting on some good tunes, pouring a glass of wine, and opening a good book for a couple of hours starting in mid-afternoon. Early on in recovery this time, if I tried to listen to any of my favorites, I found myself automatically itching for that glass of wine. But I tested the waters again a couple of weeks ago and found that I can enjoy my stereo without that glass of wine. In fact, I just bought a decent wireless speaker so I can listen to music while relaxing in a hot bath.