View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 11:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FindingMe2

I have a friend who just got married. She pushed for it and he agreed because of their Christian values.

Their relationship is like a bowl of oatmeal......boring!! No spark, no affection and no passion. They do seem to get along well and are good friends but it seems to be more of a partnership then relationship. Personally, I don't think he is over his ex wife either. To me, their relationship is an extremely codependent one especially for her but under the guise of a "Christian" marriage. But it is nothing like the many happy Christian marriages I know!!

I am not judging them. It's their life and they get to live it the way they want. But it's not at all what I want!!

I haven't dated since I left my STBXAH. I am not divorced yet or close to being ready. The last few years of my marriage, I think I was more addicted to him then in love. I know I don't want that either ever again. So for now, I will work on loving me and maybe someday I will find love again but if not, I am OK with that too. I am done outsourcing my happiness and love. I am done fixing other people or giving more then I get. Today, I choose to love me and be happy. I am even looking forward to going to the movies Saturday night......with myself. I will never settle again!!