View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Hopeworks View Post
Great subject!! That swooning butterflies stars in the eyes crazy making love! Our technicolor A's are like bees to honey while all the others are in drab and dreary black and white: boring in other words.

As a acoa I always could find the A in the room of a hundred people... Like an electrical aura pulsed around them sucking me in! Lol!
What is the mystery??? It's brain chemicals and not love. Those take your breath away feelings are chemicals! And my broken picker goes off the chain with equally broken A's! They drink for the high I want them for the same high! Chemicals!
I have been A free for over 4 years now! Yeah.
And, see, this is what I'm looking for with the new guy. It's funny because in the course of the conversation with my girlfriends we all realized that the alcoholics and addicts we dated were all crazy hyper sexual guys and many of us had broken it off with normal men because the sex was bland or didn't rock our world or whatever. I'm having that issue right now. My one friend said, "Crazy in the head, crazy in bed." So, my new guy is the most level, even keeled person I've ever met and I can truly say that the sex is good, but I find myself craving more. I know that's a product of having lived 20 years with someone who was hyper sexual and needy. It's been quite an adjustment for me to get used to someone who's normal, who's level and consistent with their behaviors, who is responsible, who is fiscally sound, and who is, quite honestly, boring.

I am learning a lot about how comforting boring can be, though, and it feels good to know that I can settle in to boring and stable after all these years of crazy making and insanity!