View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Good for you, Tetra - sounds like you are really making great progress recently. It's nice when you can really see, feel, and enjoy the rewards of sobriety. Being a couple days or weeks sober is amazing, but it gets even better when we can finally start to cash in our lottery tickets.

Charlie, great to hear those words. I know in my early days, being loyal to some folks here at SR kept me sober. It's great to hear others say that it's OK to have a quiet, peaceful weekend and to stay away from the booze. Glad to see the reinforcement is working in a positive way!

Glad you had fun at the zoo, Bimini. At least you saw a pregnant gorilla...that's something. Next time you see them pass on my congratulations to the happy family.

Made fish tacos tonight, they were a big hit. Of course, I was the only one eating them so I suppose it's all relative. My niece is out of the hospital and back home safe and sound. She was on vacation when rotavirus hit, so she had to be in the hospital in a different state before they could all come home. All is well, and she's back to "normal", if there is such a thing for a 3 year-old.

Other than that, it's been a quiet week around here. My gringo neighbor took his car into the local mechanic and I've been translating their conversations. I didn't really want to get in the middle of this at all, so it's kind of annoying that every day one of them calls on me to tell the other guy such-and-such. Aside from that though, not much action. Should have a friend from the city visit me this weekend, we'll get into something fun I'm sure. I'm craving beach...