View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
BobBFree33

Welcome void and Natalie. Kitty just keep trying, that’s what we are all doing. FABL if you can just postpone it and hang in there it will get better.

Thanks Dee1971 on the Allen Carr idea. I got it on my Kindle today and I’m 30% through it. I really like it! But, like any material it all depends on the reader and where you are when you read it. It would be naive to say this is the end all and be all for whipping alcohol! We all know better….but still…its pretty good. I’d call it a piece in my mosaic of sobriety. That piece might not fit in every mosaic….

Finishing up day 20. I continue to feel better. Here’s a link I found interesting. Basically no amount of alcohol is safe at least regarding cancer. This is another little ***** in the armor of those who continue to claim a little drinking is good. Also, this isn’t some “sour grapes” (pardon the pun) type of argument where I can’t drink so it must be bad for everyone…No, it’s a fact and this goes along with Allen Carrs summation that we’ve been brainwashed since birth to believe that alcohol is necessary for parties, bravery, and dealing with stress. It’s a lie!
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/824237