View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Rough day today. I need this class too. Not going to go into details as I've already sorta done that elsewhere. Anyways, grateful to be going to bed early tonight as day 76 comes to an end. Thanks to everyone who checked in on me the last few days and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Hi Casey- Do what you need to do for your own recovery first and foremost. I think we are all a little more fragile early on. Glad you are here and on SR in general!

Originally Posted by Odisnow View Post
Hey guys! The party is winding down just waiting for everyone to leave and guess what??? I'm sober I took a lot of crap for not drinking pretty much the whole night but I stayed strong and honestly wasn't even tempted. If anything this made me even happier about not drinking. Drunk people are pretty obnoxious and messy! I think this may have opened my eyes to some issues within my relationship with my boyfriend but that's for me to figure out later. Right now I'm just happy to be sober
Congrats on staying sober at the party! Just be careful about thoughts that you now have your drinking "under control". I've done that a bunch of times; got through the party then decided I can have a drink later the next day. I have to agree 100% though, watching drunk people does not make drinking look appealing at all.

I'm going on day 4. Still packing for camp next week and cleaning up from the party this past Saturday. I'm sticking with the reduced coffee but it is tough. I slept better, but still have lower back soreness, tiredness, and miss having a cup of something warm. I don't want to quit coffee 100%, but I want to reset the caffeine addiction. On the positive side, I do notice I'm calmer. I'm a bit irritable from being tired, but I don't have the almost manic energy and short attention span I get when downing a lot of coffee. Hopefully just a few more days of the caffeine w/d symptoms.