View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Lola23

Hello hello!! Nice to "see" everyone. LBrain - 8000 posts!! Ha, that's awesome!

Haven't posted for the bus lately, but I've been lurking as usual. I am on for this weekend BUT...I'm not starting my weekend for a couple more days. Yesterday I worked almost 14 hours and it looks like the same through Friday. And I'm expected to work over the weekend, but for my sanity, I'm going to say I have other plans (And I do...sitting on the couch is other plans, right?)

I've been checking in with my sponsor regularly and its been helping tremendously, especially the last few days when work has been so crazy. She's been reminding me to check my H.A.L.T. which has been absolutely necessary. Yesterday, after leaving work at 9:30pm, I had to go to the drugstore to pick up prescriptions. And there was a voice in my head that suggested how good it would be to pick up a bottle of wine while at the store...that is exactly what I would have done in the past. The voice said that 500 calories of wine wldn't be so bad, as I hadn't eaten since noon and was starving, tired, and p***ed off that I had to work so late. But I didn't. Instead I bought a box of saltines and sardines. Ha. Weird I know, but there is something comforting to me about saltines. Anyways, went home with that and woke up this morning feeling tired but not hungover.

Anyways, my sobriety date is May 26th, so I had to check and double check...but it looks like I'm almost at 60 days?? Can that be right? Can someone double check my math for me?

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm looking forward to the levity that this thread always brings...will need it this weekend .